Dental bonding is the process Dr. Jody W. Adams uses to attach restorative materials directly to a tooth to improve the color or shape. The tooth enamel is fused with the bonding material, which may be porcelain or resin, to create a strong restoration that feels like your original tooth.
When is dental bonding used?
– Decayed teeth (the resin material can be used to fill cavities)
– Chipped or cracked teeth
– Stained teeth
– Small spaces between your teeth
– Teeth that appear too small or short
– Misshapen teeth
– Exposed tooth roots from receding gums
What are the benefits of dental bonding in Brigham City, Utah?
– Unlike some dental restorations, dental bonding does not have to be manufactured in a lab
– Dental bonding can usually be completed in one office visit unless several teeth are being treated
– Unless dental bonding is being used to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not needed
Will my bonded teeth need special care?
To care for your bonded teeth, practice good oral hygiene. No special care is required! Brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss once a day, and use mouthwash once or twice a day. Also, be sure to visit Smile 2 Heart Dental regularly for professional exams and cleanings.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about dental bonding and to schedule a consultation with our dentist.